Register to vote

In order to vote you need to be registered at a home address in the Constituency.

If you now live abroad but were previously registered to vote here or your last home address was in the Constituency you can register to vote by proxy or post from your home abroad, this was not the case in previous general elections.

To vote in person you need photo ID (e.g. Passport or Driving license) or you can apply for a free ID card.

Follow the links below to register and ensure you have Voter ID. 


Q: How do I register to vote?
A: Use the Government website here

Q: How do I apply for a postal vote?
A: Apply online here

Q: How do I register if I live abroad?
A: Register online here.

Q: I want to vote in person but what ID do I need?
A: Read the information here and apply if you don't have valid ID already.

Q: How do I apply for a Proxy Vote?
A: Apply online here

Q: What is the difference between Proxy and Postal voting?
A: Either avoids the need to visit in person the polling booth on Election Day. Postal votes are sent out usually 4 weeks or so before the election and they must be returned prior to Election Day. If you think you might be away when the postal vote arrives at your home then asking someone to vote on your behalf is a good solution.